Susan Kearns Yoga Teacher
If you want your body to remain supple or to become more supple, yoga is a great way to do it. by practising yoga in a class situation, you are mixing with people with similar interests.
Tuesday evening 6.30pm – 8pm.
Friday morning 9.30am – 11.00am
Saturday morning: 8.15am – 9.45am
Pregnant women welcome.
Private classes by arrangement
A free private class of 30 minutes is available to students who haven’t practiced yoga before – by appointment only. Please ring to arrange.
All props are provided. Mats, blocks, straps, blankets.
Some of the benefits gained by practicing yoga:
* Decrease in pulse rate and respirations.
* As a consequence of that, decrease in blood pressure.
* Increases respiratory efficiency
* Normalises gastro intestinal function
* Normalises endocrine function
* Increase in joint range of motion
* Improvement in posture
* Increase in energy levels
* Improvement in sleep patterns
* Increased immunity
* Improved balance
* decrease in Pain levels
* Increase in self acceptance and self actualization
* Decrease in anxiety and depression levels
* Improved concentration and memory
* The parasympathetic nervous system dominates during practice
* Decreased risk of injury
* Effort is minimised
* Body activity is balanced
* Awareness is internal
* Yoga is non competitive
* yoga is scientifically proven to improve pain levels in osteo arthritis.
Classes are held in a cozy studio in a peaceful bushland setting in Kenthurst. Off street parking.
Hatha Yoga taught at all levels. beginners are welcome as are advanced practitioners.
Yoga is non competitive, each practitioner is encouraged to work at his/her own level, focussing on their own capabilities on that particular day.
The 90 minute class includes Pranayama – yogic breathing, Asanas – yoga poses, Yoga Nidra – relaxation therapy.
Pranayamas are used extensively in yoga therapy to manage a number of conditions – eg:
* High blood pressure
* stress management,
* digestive disorders
Pranayamas can also help with mental and emotional conditions such as
*lack of self confidence,
* lack of self control
* poor self esteem,